RE: [CH] Windowsill peppers and what to do with them

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Sat, 28 May 2011 15:17:06 +0000

> From: punto@inch.com

> A couple of weeks ago, I succumbed to temptation at the community garden
> fundraiser near where I work and bought some 3 jalapeno and 4 yellow
> banana (someone grabbed the ones that said "hot peppers" before I
> could). They are sitting on my windowsill and are still in the tiny 2"
> square containers, so I am trying to figure out what to do next and when.

They're probably rather root-bound by now.  I suggest you put them in the largest containers you can fit in the space, and tease the roots apart as in this video at about 1:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3poggPjqY

Good luck!  Nothing like homegrown!