Re: [CH] Pain relief?

Tantrika (hummer13@earthlink.net)
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:55:59 -0700

At 09:35 PM 6/8/99 -0400, you wrote:
>"I discovered that eating hot pepper products greatly eased my
>pain."

Interestingly enough, not only have I heard of the heat in chili peppers
helping, i've also heard of Stinging nettles helping arthritis.  There is a
practice I believe in Japan, of grabbing a number of stalks of stinging
nettles and lightly hitting the affected area of arthritis, say the
shoulder, the knee, whatever, and after the initial reaction (dermatitally)
goes away, the chemical composition relieves the pain of arthritis for a
few weeks.  I dunno if it's true or not, and as I don't have arthritis am
unwilling to try, the only reason I would gather the stinging nettles from
the huge amount in the back of my house (with lots of protective clothing)
is to make tea, because stinging nettles are supposed to be the most
absorbable form of calcium and magnesium in terms of
bio-availability....also great for women's health in other ways.