Re: [CH] Painful peppers

VoodooChile (rael@ebicom.net)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:24:51 -0500

At 01:28 PM 6/15/99 -0700, Ashkenaz, Scott wrote:
>Heeeeellllppp!
>
>We have discovered a teeming wasp nest (mud dauber) in close proximity to
>the pepper garden, and probably cannot avoid provoking them.
>
>Any suggestions on eradication?

i agree with the others about this...if they are dirt daubers, they won't
hurtchya unless you piss 'em off and honestly, i sorta like most
waspy-critters because they do eat some nasty bugs and just avoid such
myself...BUT, if one *must* get rid of them (shame on you) i suggest the
following "organic" method:

you need:

1 can WD-40, straw-thingy attached
matches
fire-resistent clothing

procedure:

around dusk, go to the nest, squirt the WD-40 into/through the flame of the
lit match, and thus incinerate the nest, making certain you "flame" it
well, but i recommend a burst of no more than 5 seconds for safety reasons...

WARNING: extremely hazardous; may start a fire; may burn yourself or anyone
that happens to 'tag along'; can of WD-40 *just*may* explode (no need to
debate this...let us just assume there is no 100-percent certainty of the
can exploding or not exploding...life is like that, you know?)...

in short, it's extreme and dangerous and some may say only idiots do such
stuff...

consider the source <insert big fat raccoon smile>

anywho...

peace, hendrix, and chiles.......

Rael
Rael64