Re: [CH] Hornets HELP

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:59:57 -0400

Not that I speak for all bee keepers, but folks ask me to get rid of all
kinds of flying thingys.. sometimes I m lucky an get a swarm - most of
the time it is yellow jackets, or wasps.  Try your local Agricultural
Agent - he/she may know of a local bee keeper who would rid your life of
those un-wanted pests. (a nice gesture of thanks might be the only
payment needed..might)

Chet

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> > Any suggestions on eradication?
>
> We also have a problem with hornets.  They are shinny black and the size of a
> bumble bee.  They had made a home in the electrical ceiling unit in the
> greenhouse,   we filled it w/foam spray.  Now they are just swarming and
> really aggressive.  They are between me and my chiles!  The only time it's
> safe in the garden or greenhouse where my seedlings are is after sunset.  Any
> ideas on how to kill them???
>
> HELP!
>
> Mary-Anne

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *