Re: [CH] RE: WWCHHL - Santa Cruz

Tantrika (hummer13@earthlink.net)
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:43:04 -0700

At 07:30 PM 6/19/99 -0700, you wrote:

> speakers...Not saying I'm ready to commit but I'll think about it.
>
>Sounds pretty commiting to me!

<g> well as long as people treat me sweet.... I'll continue to consider it,
I do have a LITTLE bit of time :)

Plus there is some great wineries and
>breweries in the Santa Cruz area!
>
>A beautiful area.

That it is.  I've lived all over the country and I've never been anywhere I
love as much as this area.  We are 2 hours south of San Francisco, we have
beach and mountains and incredible forests here, as well as the Bay
(Monterey) which has wonderful surfing and diving if you are into it (but
wear a wetsuit, as the water is quite cold because it's very deep here!).
30 miles south of me is Monterey and there is the Monterey Bay Aquarium,
which is frankly amazing.  We have two state Redwood parks Big Basin and
Henry Cowell, 30 miles south of us a very unusual national monument by the
name of Pinnacles, funky little wonderful towns here like Boulder Creek and
Felton which have a rugged mountain  feel, great wineries, 2-3 breweries,
good shopping with all kinds of handmade arts and import stores! And boy do
we have restaurants!  Thai, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese/Sushi, Indian,
Seafood, Brazillian, Vegetarian,  Italian, French, and the unique blend of
those which create "California Cuisine".  I have yet to see a Cajun/Creole
type of restaurant but probably will!  There probably already is one, I've
just not eaten out in awhile.  The weather is tolerable most of the year,
summers are delightful, though sometimes it gets a little hot...fortunately
the ocean breezes keep it nice.  It's not humid at least!

I don't think I'll move....

It would be *fun* to have a gathering here, I must admit.