[CH] Chile de Arbol

Deb deForest (deforest@selec.net)
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:38:00 -0500

Chile de Arbol is a favorite of ours (chilehead man-o-mine and me).
Andie, if it isn't too long to type in, could you post the Salsa de
Chile de Arbol recipe?  I've looked for Savur Magazine in my local
sources in the past and not found it (I could go further into Houston to
get it, though if necessary).

Not long ago someone suggested trying goat cheese with hab sauce on
crackers.  We tried some Melinda's and it was ok, but the vinegar flavor
seemed to overpower the cheese.  Then we tried some of Jim's Ralph's
Righteous Hab sauce and it was excellent.  But the *perfect* combo we
tried was the goat cheese on low fat Ritz crackers topped with some
Chile de Arbol sauce (Salsa Picante de la Viuda--our favorite brand).
YUM!  It was soooo good we mixed a lot of the sauce right in with the
cheese to make a spread so we could get more de Arbol sauce on without
dribbling it all over...not as pretty but we weren't there to see the
sights at that point.  Try this combo sometime, it is fantastic.

Deb in Houston