Re: [CH] Green Chile Sauce

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:26:41 -0500

Tom Cuneo wrote:

> Earlier this year while out at the fiery foods show, almost every where we
> ate had this delicous mild green chile sauce - Jim the Elder was telling me
> that most of the sauces are made with Anahiems (or Nu Mex) So I planted
> some this year in hopes of making my own green sauce-
> Well I just counted 6 large Nu Mex peppers hanging and am in need of a
> Green Chile Sauce recipe
>
> Please send them if you have any or know where a variety can be found on
> the web.. Im looking forward to making my own as soon as they get a bit
> larger ;-))

I think this is whatcha looking for. Sorry it took so long - this was
archived on a floppy disk and my filing system is just soooo efficient
(where'd I put that f@#%ing disk?!?!?!) <GGG>

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

      Title: Green Chile Sauce
 Categories: Chileheads, Chiles, Salsa
      Yield: 1 Pint

      8    New Mexico green chiles
           -(roasted, peeled & seeded)
           -chopped
      1 md Onion, chopped
      2 cl Garlic, minced
      1 md Tomato, seeded, chopped
    1/2 ts Cumin
      2 c  Water (chicken stock)

  Saute onions until soft. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add
  tomatoes, chiles, cumin and cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
  Add water and bring to boil. Simmer until thick.

  Posted by: Kit Anderson
  FROM: Chile-Heads Digest & Mailing List

  MM Format by Dave Drum - 23 August 98

MMMMM

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider