Re: [CH] Bad news from Hatch

Sunny Conley (sunny@zianet.com)
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:29:44 -0600

--------------37FC1066401F5C16D7147F12

Yes, chile crops aren't doing well this year in southern NM....the winds, the
rain. It's so humid in Las Cruces. Today it got up to 100 degrees and the earth
is still damp from the rains. I'm as "moldy" as the chiles...withering quickly!
Chile cheers, nevertheless! Sunny Conley

"Jody L. Baze" wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Sunny Conley wrote:
>
> > Actually, the Franzoy chile farm is located in Hatch, NM (the Chile
> > Capital of the World) in southern New Mexico. We've had more rain here
> > than I can remember.
>
> I saw the parts of the AP article that they printed in the Abq Journal.
> Thought it was kinda strange - they've had excellent crops with both more
> and less rain. Besides, at least here in Albuquerque, the river is pretty
> high so irrigation shouldn't be a problem. Of course, I'm not a farmer so
> maybe I oughta mind my own business :^)
>
> At any rate, my own chiles have been struggling some - we've had lots of
> high winds and temps haven't been anything to write home about. About 3/4 of
> the Numex types I'm growing are growing very slow :^(  Don't think I'll be
> having any early harvests this year.
>
> JLB
> --
> Jody L. Baze                 Blue Sky Tours, Inc.
> Director                     10832 Prospect Avenue N.E.
> Information Systems          Albuquerque, NM  87112
> jody@BlueSkyTours.COM        (505) 293-9462

--------------37FC1066401F5C16D7147F12

begin:vcard
n:Conley;Sunny
tel;cell:(505) 644-0700
tel;fax:(505) 532-6319
tel;work:(505) 521-9381
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.chileknights.com
org:WRITING THE SOUTHWEST
adr:;;PO Box 6763;Las Cruces;NM;88006;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:sunny@zianet.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Sunny Conley