Re: [CH] aussie chillies

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Tue, 06 Jul 1999 08:36:36 -0500

scott wrote:

> G'day all,
>           I'm a year 12 student living in Adelaide, South Australia and
> one of my mates and I have decided to grow chillis in our backyards. It
> is currently in the middle of winter here, theres not much sun and it is
> quite cold...bout 15 degrees Celsius... um does anybody think it is
> worth starting some seeds off in punnets now?...or would it be better to
> wait for the summer?
>
> cheers,......PaPa Fung

Scott, I suggest that you contact Greg Mayman who raises chilies and
herbs and lives in Adelaide (or one of the close-in 'burbs). If you
have BBS access you can contact him through Braintap or Common Ground
BBSes on the Cooking or Herb FIDO echoes.

If you wait until about a month before winter is due to be over and
start your seeds you can get the plants up and hardened off before
transplant time. As I remember Adelaide has a Mediterranean type
climate that is great for grapes, olives and chiles - you lucky
devils.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider