Re: [CH] Chile/Hab Powders

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 15:44:16 -0500

Paul_Thurneysen@lcc.com wrote:

> Thus, what commercially available powders does everyone like.
> Mainly looking for heat and flavor. Jim's apple smoked hab powder and > calvins seem to be favorites of the list. Any other good ones out
> there.  Back to lurking in the heat in VA
> PT

We like Chile Today Hot Tamale (R) Medium Chipolte powder.  I now use
this in place of hot Hungarian paprika when called for in a recipe.

Ittiz not *super* hot (actually mild IMHO), but VERY smokey and delish.

However, ittiz VERY XPENSIVE!  $5.95 for 1 oz. jar...  And it REALLY
gets xpensive when you use it all the time, as I do!  <g>  But, nebber
know...  Getting it at the MOA (Mall o'America) *mite* have something to
do with that...

green