Re: [CH] Cocula Sauce

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:05:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, green56 wrote:

> 'Heads:
>
> I may just possibly get the award for the most at the least price...
> <g>
>
> Found this at .99 Deals:  'Cocula' - "Salsa Extra Picante."  33.8 fl oz;
> 1 liter - for, you guessed it, 99 cents!  Made in Mexico by the same
> company that manufactures for El YuckyTeco, Elaborado, for Condimentos
> Cocula.
>
> Ingredients:  "Water, Peppers, Iodized salt, Acetic Acid, Spices,
> Xanthan gum, Condiments, Potassium sorbate (preservative), Sodium
> Benzoate (preservative)."
>
> Hhhhuuummmm...  Tells'ya a lot, doesn't it?  <g>
>
> Haven't had yet; will let you know what we think...  Anybody else had
> it?

That's the one with the wooden cap, IIRC.  Not bad, but not all that hot,
and I decided the packaging was better than the sauce.  The wooden cap
definitely makes it distinctive, but I wasn't very impressed with it.  I
think I'd prefer Tobasco, and I'm not a big Tobasco fan.

FWIW, at some of the big shopping warehouse stores, Costco, Sam's, B.J.'s
etc. you can get large bottles of Tobasco, almost quart sized, IIRC.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas