Re: [CH] Hiya

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 16:40:35 -0500

~(({[Endemic~Distortion]}))~ wrote:

> Well...hello. I'm new here, but have been in long and deep love with all
> variants of the noble capsicum for a good 30 years. I have a question
> for the afficianados : exactly what is a "Caribbean Red"? The little
> picture which was next to them looked like a cherry.

Welcome, Jeff!  You'll find lots o'good and KNOWLEDGEABLE folks here (I
like to think I fall into the former as I sure as hell don't fit into
the latter!  LOL!!!)

We, too, have some "Caribbean Red Habanero"s.  At least thus sayeth the
little pokey plastic-thingy that came poked in the soil!  Sometimes I
wonder about trut'n advertising...  Particularly after reading some
o'the stuff here - seems mislabled stuff happens more frequently than I
ever imagined.

Anyway, my pokey thing says, ""The hottest pepper in the world!  Matures
green to red in 110 days."

To me, they don't look like 'real' habs - not as mushed up and
"pruney."  I agree with your "cherry" description.

This is all I can tell you.  I'm not versed in being able to tell one
pepper from anudder like some folks here.  I'm SURE you'll get better
info on this particular pepper than what I've given you.

Glad you brought the topic up as we just stumbled across this pepper and
I snatched it up since I'd never seen any in my area.  I'm interested to
hear what udders have to say!

Again, welcome!

green