Re: [CH] the rocotos

Stephanie Bridges (StephB@truserve.com)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 17:59:54 -0500

Brent Thompson wrote:

> Sure, 5-gal. will do.  Personally, I think a bit bigger is better,
> specifically a 7-gal. pot, though the ones I've kept in only 5-gal pots
> also were fine for years, you just have to water a bit more frequently and
> they tend to try tipping over more often.  Even a 10-gal. pot is fine,
> especially if no 7-gal available, though 10-gal pots are awfully large when
> it comes time to move them around.

Well,   5-gal is about what I have my red savina in , I'll just have to get
another one to go with it.  Hopefully the cat's won't climb it, one of them
likes to sleep in the red savina pot.

BTW, the red savina's pot is cracking (age, too much sun, something) and won't
be allowed back in the house this fall.  When should I transplant the poor
thing to minimize the damage?  Should I wait til fall?  The pot will last the
summer, I think, but it leaks and I'd just as soon not have a non-housebroken
plant (got enough problems with cats who figure the world is their
litterbox...)

steph in Ames