RE: [CH] Big Jim Chiles

Pieters, Rob (Rob.Pieters@netherlands.honeywell.com)
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:52:29 +0100

I have a few growing here in the Netherlands, unless the weather is not to
good, its getting better, they are setting flowers at the moment.
It's the first time I grow these together with some others, and have no idea
how big the will get.
I also have a few Chile Grande, who are already setting fruits (about 2,5"),
I don't know the difference between both yet, but the Chile Grande is an
very early type.

I've got these seeds last year from Margaret Lauterbach together with some
Thai and Tabasco, there all developing fine, all plants are about 12" high
unles the difficult weather conditions, so also Big Jim can be held in
colder climates they went outside in the first week of may by that time we
had night around freezing and day's of only 8 deg C.

The Tabasco, Cayenne and Thai I have has showed there first flowers.

I've also planted the Rocotto seeds I got from Cammeron Begg, 8 out of the
10 plants survived but there now about 15" high, no flowers yet, I must say
the Rocotto is a very beautiful variety.

Hot regards!
Rob