Re: [CH]V6 #8 overwintering chile plants

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:11:58 -0500

Hi C-H's,

Sir Gareth the Gallant wrote:

>If I want to transfer other chiles
>to pots at this time, which varieties will overwinter best?

In my experience the species pubescens does. I would not bother
overwintering C. annuum unless there was something very special about
the plant. C. chinense seem very liable to aphid problems indoors; so
I would probably give those plants a good spraying with soap solution
alternating with insecticide every few days, for a couple of weeks,
before taking them indoors.

Do not be too alarmed by leaf drop in the Fall.

---
                      Regards,               Cameron.