Re: [CH] unlurking Brats

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:01:39 -0400

Don't know what a Speidie for a fact is but is has to be good with some
Jim Campbell's sauce on it-totally yummy

Spiedies, (pronounced "speedies"), are marinated cubes of meat cooked on
a skewer. Originally from Italy, this delicacy seems to be found only in
the Broome County area of New York State. How and when spiedies came to
this area, having never been documented, remains a mystery.
go here for more info
http://www.spiedies.com/
and for a great time
http://sites.tier.net/balloonfest/events.htm

Spiedie Fest/ Balloon Rally
P.O. Box 275 Westview Station
Binghamton, New York 13905-0275

Sunny Conley wrote:

> I;m certain "Brat" means just that, Bratwurst. Now, tell us, just what
> are "Speidies?" And does it have anything to do with "chiles."
>
> --
> Chile Cheers!
> Sunny Conley
> http://www.chileknights.com

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *