Re: [CH] Daggun Varmits!

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 05:25:59 -0500

GarryMass@aol.com wrote:

> Although they are normally purchased as "in house only" cats, I have had
> wonderful mole murder success with the recent addition of a spayed, pet
> quality female Abyssinian retired from breeding.  She hunts relentlessly and
> successfully.  She also catches beetles in the chile patch.  The only
> drawback, she hides under rhubarb leaves and does "bird calls" trying to
> entice feathered tree lizards into her reach.

Ah, yes.  The kids...Hit the Hispanic section o'town last nite and
walked away with a plethora o'neat stuff.  One of which was a new green
hab sauce and two bottles o'Bufalo Chipotle (did some one from the near
east - Ohio was it??? - say they couldn't find this there?  .99/bottle
here.  Let me know; will ship.) because had read here how so many
enjoyed the latter.

Well...  Can't tell you the name o'the new green sauce as it and one
bottle of the Bufalo Chipotle ended up in shards and green/brown goo all
over the floor.  Caught Molly on the counter, head in bag and the minute
I yelled, "GET DOWN!", knew I shouldn't have.  The handle of the plastic
bag was such that as she turned to jump her head went rite thru the
handle and bag o'goodies came trailing off the counter after her.

No great loss - peppers, dried and ground, were in bags and safe - as we
can easily replace the lost sauces and they weren't xpensive.

However, was VERY concerned about Molly as she'd managed to get one or
both sauces on her.  She seemed fine.  Drank lots of water after the
bruhaha settled down and was even found sniffing for more hot sauce.  No
ill effects this a.m., but I was really nervous there for awhile.

Guess I shouldn't have been.  This Aby has always loved Tabasco!

Also picked up a bottle of El Yuckytecho Red Hab sauce based on the
recommendations o'folks here.

Got two different cans (7 oz) of chipotle in adobo:  Embasa and La
Morena.  Of the two, was told when I asked, "Mas bueno?" that the La
Morena is.  Prolly a matter of taste, but something to go on for a
newbie.  A funny:  both are 7 oz, but the Embasa can is 198 g, and the
La Morena is 120 g!  Has anyone ever had these brands?  Too, what brands
are *your* favs?  When you say, "one can of chipotles in adobo sauce,"
do you mean these smaller cans, or the little larger ones?

Picked up some dried chipolte - could NOT find poweder to save our
lives; will have to have Father Jim help us out!  <g> - and some dried
pasillas.  Also got - all powders - Chile Ancho Molido (Ground Ancho
Chile), Chile Cayenne Hot (underneath that it says, "Cayenne Pepper 60
HU."  Anybody know what the 60 HU means???), Spanish Paprika, Chile
Paprika Rojo Molindo (which *I* think means "Red Ground Chile Pepper;"
does anybody read this differently?), and Chile Cayenne Molido.  Am
assuming that "molindo" simply means ground...

The 3 'Heads: green, SO, Molly-The-Aby