Re: [CH] To Green56 RE: Chipotle Powder

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:52:09 -0500

Green-
At the kitchen, I use a monstrous Hamilton Beach.  At home, I have used a
small H.B. Blendmaster 10 for almost 5 years now.  One tough little machine.
Get a glass instead of plastic container if possible.
If you grind powder in the blender, pre-crush the dried pods a little, and
fill the blender about half full.  Blend until powdered, then screen through
a large tea strainer having the mesh size you want.  Get ready to sneeze a
lot. Return the coarser stuff for more processing.  At home, I do it outside
on the patio when the humidity and wind are low in order to save my children
and wife.  The kitchen has a vent hood.  When home grinding, the powder gets
everywhere- on your face, skin, up your nose, on your arms and hands, your
clothes.  It is well worth the effort, though.  Powders get me through the
winter, and can be very flavorful and rich.
Calvin