Re: [CH] Mezzetta/Myron

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 16:36:17 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999 Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> Hope you had a chance to pick up Mezzetta's Habanero Hot Sauce as well as the
> Hab Olives whilst in CA. Their headquartered about 30 minutes from here on
> the way to the Napa Valley.

Mezzeta rocks.  A couple of years ago I found two or three big bottles
labeled for, like, $1.29 per, in the dry pantry. Even though the bottles
really look cheap and tawdry I was very plesantly suprised at the fine
flavor and the stuff made excellent steak sauce and marinade.  When we ran
out I went to the local Indiana Marsh chainstore, Kroger's, and Mr. D's
supermarkets and even though they carried Mezzeta pickled jalapenos and
veggies, no hab sauce.  I even asked Marsh for a custom order but the
stuff was never delivered. Then earlier this summer when we were in Renton
(outside of Seattle) I went to the local Fred Meyer and there it was.  I
bought 4 bottles at $1.29.  When I got back to my father-in-laws, he said,
"Hey, isn't that the stuff you bought the last time you were out her?"

Mystery solved.

carp