Re: [CH] Hot+Dry+bugs

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 15:34:53 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 31 Jul 1999, Byron wrote:

> This is the driest it's been in history for the Northeast.
> This year for the first time I have budworms. Keep an
> eye out for them. They chew the blossoms

Jim Campbell The Oneth got a toad-strangler of a rain earlier this week in
the county north of us. I watched the sucker coming east on the radar on
the Weather Channel all morning (the rain coming east, that is, not Jim).
I even called my wife. "Honey," I says, "If that thing would just hook to
the south a degree or two we'll get rain."  It didn't and we didn't, so I
watered 400 or so chiles for the first time this summer.  Without jinxing
it, I think there's a fair chance of rain tonight (I took 9 credits/hours
of weather at IU so I can read radar).

We need a rain.  It's so dry that last week a friend of mine took a bucket
of water along with him when he went fishing.  He said he used it after
each cast just to wash the dust off of his worms. Then this week it got
hotter and drier so he left the worms at home and simply used the bucket
of water as bait.

Did I mention it was dry here?

carp