Re: [CH] Hot+Dry

Buffalo Sue (bflosue@earthlink.net)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 17:18:12 -0500

danceswithcarp wrote:

> Did I mention it was dry here?

I think Wisconsin is one of the few parts of the US to get
*more* than average rainfall this year.  Seems like we get
some rain about 3 - 4 days per week, every week.

The temps here in Cheese-land are finally getting back to
normal!  Yippee!  This 97 degree, humid crap really saps all
my energy.  I haven't cut the grass or weeded my chile patch
in 3 weeks, and boy do they need it!

This is my first year with a garden.  Previously I grew
African Devils in pots, where they grew real tall and spindly
with small leaves and many, many small fruits.  In the ground,
they are short and compact, HUGE leaves, and no blossoms yet!
My poblanos are just now starting to flower.  Guess next year
I need to start my seeds much earlier.  At least the Fresnos
are full of fruits  :-)  None of my other seeds even germinated.
Oh well, guess I'll have to start checking the farmer's market
to see if I can get my fix from there.

--

Buffalo Sue

"Mild is a four-letter word..."