Re: [CH] good/bad eggs?

Akiva Kotler (akiva@barak-online.net)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 23:55:43 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Parkhurst, Scott Contractor <PARKHURS@LEAV-EMH1.ARMY.MIL>
To: 'CH List' <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 3:36 PM
Subject: [CH] good/bad eggs?

> While checking the the chiles in the garden the other day,
> which I do several times a day, I found that some type of
> bug had laid eggs on the chacoense.  Not on the leaves,
> but on the as yet not quite opened petals of one of the
> flowers.  There were 10-15 small, brown eggs just at the tip
> of the flower, preventing it from opening.  I removed the
> flower and squished the eggs to be safe, only then realizing
> that had I put the eggs in a jar with a leaf or two, I could have
> waited to see if they were from a beneficial type and then
> released them back to the garden if they turned out to be
> good guys.  I know it's not much of a description, but does
> anybody know of a bug that normally lays its eggs like this?
>
> Scott... should have been thinking ahead... KCK

Where do you get seeds for chacoence?  How old is your chacoence plant?  Do
its pods have a good flavor?

 Your eggs do not sound like the are good bugs because of their location and
lack of prior infestation of  bad bugs mentioned, but I am not positive.
Rodale Press has some publications that might help you recognize bug eggs.
Why not check with your nearest agricultural extension service?

Warm greetings from Israel's coastal plain.

Akiva