Re: [CH]V6 #27 Purple Pepper Id Please!

Cameron Begg (begg.4@osu.edu)
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:01:36 -0500

Hi C-H's,
Suz wrote:

>The Cameron plants, as I mentioned,
>have green foliage, and the peppers go from green to red.  With my purple
>plants, the peppers are smaller and go from purple to almost white to
>yellow to orange to red.  I do believe that Bolivian can have purple
>foliage, but don't think that is what I have.  I base this on the fact that
>I totally trust Cameron's identification of his seeds and I think there
>would be more similarities in the peppers if the two plants were closely
>related.

I suspect that the fault is mine. The plants were sold to me as
"Bolivian Rainbow" but I now think that they had crossed with some
other variety. Also since I grew the plants open pollinated it is
quite likely that they crossed again before you got the seeds. I am
extremely sorry for such sloppy work and will try harder in future.

This year I am growing "Bolivian Rainbows" from seeds provided kindly
by Diane in Flanders. They have the dark purple leaves and almost
black fruit. None has ripened yet; so I cannot describe the color
changes, but I think that these are the real McCoy.

Silly old Cardinal.

---
                      Regards,               Cameron.