Re: [CH] Groundhawgs is ARROGANT peoples...

Akiva Kotler (akiva@barak-online.net)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 01:58:31 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: Parkhurst, Scott Contractor <PARKHURS@LEAV-EMH1.ARMY.MIL>
To: 'CH List' <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 1999 3:35 PM
Subject: RE: [CH] Groundhawgs is ARROGANT peoples...

> >It's a *HOLE*;  A Great Big Hole right where the serranos are
> laying.
> >The g*wd d*mn Groundhawg has burrowed right into the garden, right
> in the
> >pepper patch, right next to the tomatoes.
> >
> >This creature is either very lazy, or exter-eemlee arrogant.
>
> So lazy he wont't grow his own tomatoes, so motivated he
> dug his own CHunnel (chile tunnel).  Those must be some
> mighty fine tomatoes you grow for the scoundrel to go to
> such lengths.  He needs to learn to respect your authority.
>
> >So I talked to the neighbors who let me plow up their back yard for
> >my garden but who frown on my propensity to rely on firearms as a
> matter
> >of first resort.  We reached an understanding.
> >
> >I won't shoot when they are home.
>
> Happy hunting.
>
> Scott... KCK

I think that you should try serious negotiations.  There can be peace in the
pepper patch.  You must respect the rights of all creatures, other than
aphids and grasshoppers to reap the many benefits of the capsicum rush. Have
you ever tried thinking of things from the groundhog's point of view?  I
know, you can claim that there are no groundhogs in Ashdod, but we all share
the same planet and must seek accommodations not recriminations. I do not
propose however the use of NATO peace keeping forces, but rather a kinder
and gentler world.  You probably do not know what to do with all your
peppers anyway.  If the groundhogs get too militant you may, as a last
resort make a Habenero omelet.  This will serve two functions:
1. lunch 2. teargas as groundhog crowd control.

Warmest Regards,
Akiva