Re: [CH] Drying Chile Peppers with a Convection Oven

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@home.com)
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:08:59 -0700

I also have a convection oven....because of the air flow and the lower
heat required, use a much lower temperature, and a much longer time.
Simply keep checking the peppers to see how they are, and when you think
that they are dry enough, then simply take em out....I dried habs last
year by leaving them in a warm oven, no air, for six hours, and when I
felt that they were"done" took them out...stil got some and they are
fine. But look out when you decide to turn them in to powder! Solution?
Dont breathe, and if they take awhile, yer gone!And if they dont, then
yer gone anyway!!Cheers, Doug in BC