RE: [CH] Stuffed Peppers

Bloechl, Sharen Rund (sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:24:44 -0700

Your basic stuffed pepper or meatloaf or cabbage roll recipe is a good
starter for this - substitute ground lamb for ground beef, add a little
cinnamon & allspice to complement the lamb & voila - here's one to get you
started:

Stuffed Peppers (using ground lamb)

              1 pound ground lamb
		  1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
              1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
        1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
              1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
        3 garlic cloves, minced
              1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
              1 large egg
              1 teaspoon ground black pepper
              medium-size red bell peppers, seeded

              Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 9 ingredients in large bowl
until well blended.

	Note:	Add hot peppers to taste

              Fill pepper with mixture, dividing equally and mounding
slightly.
              Arrange in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. (Can be made 1 day
ahead. Cover; chill.)

              Bake peppers uncovered until tops are browned and thermometer
inserted into
              filling registers 165°F., about 1 hour. Transfer peppers to
platter. Garnish with
              rosemary sprigs and serve.

Note:	Variation add can of cut up stewed tomatoes, pour over top of
peppers while cooking -
			When peppers are done, remove from baking dish &
keep warm -
			Place baking dish (w/tomatoes in it) over med-high
heat
		Mix 2 TBS corn starch with ¼ cup water, mix thoroughly
		Add to tomatoes and stir till thickened (adjust flavor
w/salt & pepper)
		Serve sauce w/peppers

Sharen Rund Bloechl

Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Sunnyvale Data Center
sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com <mailto:sharen.rund.bloechl@lmco.com>
Phone: 408-756-5432
[or]					Fax:   408-756-0912
srund@svl.ems.lmco.com <mailto:srund@svl.ems.lmco.com> 		LMnet:
8-326-5432
Pager: 408-539-5146	web:
http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi
<http://webpager.lmms.lmco.com/perl/mtrocall.cgi>
[or] Operator Assist:  1-800-725-5079, pin 408-539-5146