Re: [CH] Heat over police pepper spray

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 19:34:07 -0500

Uncle Steve-
I grind chile powder every other week or so, and I make it a habit to do the
following after every job:
1. Change my shirt. Powder settles in your clothing.
2. Spray my hands with PAM spray or the equivalent.  Rub it in.
3. Add liquid soap (no water yet). Rub it in.
4. Add water, wash out soap and oil.
It gets out almost every bit of capsaicin. I also test my fingertips on the
front underside of my tongue before rubbing my eyes, other body parts, or my
wife.
Life is a lot simpler since I took up these habits.
Calvin
PS- Having taken chiltepin chunks, Yucatan Hab mash juice, Jamaican Red oil and
numerous varied powders in the eyes on different occasions, I still have not
developed tolerance for the stuff in my eyes.  I am probably more able to
handle the pain, though. I have also found that the best antidote, once the
solids (seeds or chunks) are out of the eye, is time and tears.  Rubbing with
anything seems to make it worse.