[CH] Guinness World Records: Primetime

Uncle Steve (chiles@flash.net)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 14:37:34 -0400

Well, here you go CHs. If you want to become a world record holder here is
your chance! What would be a good starting point 10, 20, 30 Habs in 5
min.?? Any suggestions?

Any one remember the details of the place that offered to feed 200 of your
friends or give $500 to a food bank if you could eat his 10oz. BBQ (with
his killer hot sauce) without a drink or getting up from the table in 10
min.  As the story goes, only one man has done it and he went to the
hospital to get his stomach pumped out, then returned 3-4 hours later
(still on fire) and was admitted for the night.

Steve

 From: Paul Busenitz
 To: <hot_chiles@hotmail.com>
 Subject: Guinness
 Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:57:49 -0700

Steve,

I work for the Fox Television show "Guinness World Records: Primetime."
We are constantly on the lookout for new stories, so when I find your
website, I was intrigued.

Have you come across anyone in your experience that you think has eaten
an insane amount of hot peppers in a short amount of time.  If so, I
think it would make a great record to set on our show.  To your
knowledge, does anyone do habanero eating contests?  Tabasco sauce
drinking contests?

Like we do for every potential segment, we would need to see video tape
proving that the individual could do what they say they could do.

If you think of anything that might be good for our show, email me back.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Paul Busenitz
Guinness World Records: Primetime