Re: [CH] Good type of Vinegar to "heat-up" with chiles?

Jonathan T. Smillie (jsmillie@tickets.com)
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:17:36 -0500

At 01:44 PM 8/20/99 -0500, Bob Batson wrote:
>Can anyone suggest a good type of vinegar to "heat-up" with chiles by
>immersing the chiles in the vinegar for a couple of months?

For something a little unusual, you might want to consider a balsamic
vinegar. It is, in my experience, a little sweeter and more complex than
other types, and would have some depths that perhaps a plain white vinegar
might not. Of course, it's also a little more expensive... but I think it
might be worth it (I've used balsamic vinegar on different kinds of greens,
especially Oriental ones, and it works nicely).

Jonathan