[CH] Species

Michael Bowers (bowers@elsie.ucdavis.edu)
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 17:08:50 PDT

From: "rob" <rob@forsite.net>
Subject: Species

Hi all, got a question for anyone who thinks they may know the answer. I was
stationed on Guam a few years back and fell in love with this little pepper
called a Boonie. It is cylindrical in shape, about 1"-1 1/2" in length, and
ripens green to red. Kind of looks like a Tabasco, but tastes a lot like a
Thai. I would like to know if anyone know the official name of this pepper,
and possibly some kind of History/Myth behind it.

Also my Loving, Adorable, Wonderful other half (hope she reads this) was
thoughtful enough to
suprise me with a new plant, need to know what it is also. It has peppers
that grow upright, about 1" L, Cylindrical, orange, red, green, white, white
w/purple tips, It also had a little thingy stuck in the soil
that said it was an ornamental pepper, listed as capsicum annum.

Any and all help will be very appreciated,

Rob