[CH] Bad Seeds Turn Worse (Was: Bad seeds)

Rockin' Randy (ledbelly99@yahoo.com)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 08:29:41 -0700 (PDT)

Byron,

In case you haven't already, check out the September 1999 issue of
Consumer Reports.

On page seven a commentary by the editor explains some heart warming
things that are going on, such as Monsanto and Dupont buying out major
seed suppliers.  Their plans (which are in progress now) are to
genetically alter seeds to produce their own pesticides and to resist the
herbicides that the companies themselves make and sell.  My favorite was
the terminator seed.  It genetically terminates the plant, in that it's
seeds will not produce again.  The pollen from these plants can pass the
terminator gene along to regular plants.  This does away with seed saving
and forces growers to purchase seeds year after year.

The artice on page 41 documents all of this and goes more in-depth into
the subject.  The article was quite shocking.

Head for the hills!

rr

--- Byron <Byron.Bromley@Gsd-Co.Com> wrote:
> I guess chile pepper growers aren't the only ones.
> The commerical growers of Conn growing eggplant
> have pods that look like small pumpkins.
> Seeds from Harris Seeds.

===
Rockin' Randy's Homepage:
http://members.tripod.com/~rocknrandy/index.html