Re: [CH] Habanero Fruits

danceswithcarp (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 12:39:23 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken <kbwriter@startel.net>
> Although it produces flowers they
> fall off and no fruits result. Any idea
> why the plant is monstrous but
> it won't fruit? Do I need to hang
> a beehive in the corner?

I have a hab busah at my office and I just use my fingertips to pollinate.
Gently rub the flower and coo softly as you do it. and then move to the next
flower.
 I try to use a little french: "Oh, mon sweet cherie.  Lizzen to me.  I vill
make you
vay-mous...."

I get year round habs and the plant gets a great deal of satisfaction.

I also use a epson salts bath and feeding during the wintewr to
encourage blossoms.  Yeah, I know people say that helps the roots,
but it also seems to stimulate the desire to propogate.

Hmmmmm.  Maybe I could mix some in with the wife's bath salts....

carp