Re: [CH] RE Black Pods and Ants

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:42:57 -0500

Byron, et al:
The black internal rot I was originally referring to was definitely mold-
associated, because I looked at it under my field 'scope.  The dark seed
phenomenon he is referring to could be a case of incomplete development in my
experience, causing seeds to turn dark; similar to picking a premature serrano
and cutting it open(in 30 minutes exposure to air the seeds will be dark brown
and eventually almost black).  In the cases I saw, I can't be sure of the CAUSE
of the mold, but I know it was mold.
Many thanks for digging into it with your contacts.  Your searching for
information is appreciated.
Calvin