Re: [CH] Grow light

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:48:09 -0600

  Brandon,
  It really depends on how much money, time, and space you want to spend on
lighting. If you wanted to go fluorescent, there are some decent lamps made for
aquarium fixtures that, I believe, claim to work as well on "land" plants. Rummage
sales are always good for picking up inexpensive aquarium items; some fish / pet
stores are in the habit of dealing in used equipment as well. If you go that
route, try to get something newer with the built-in aluminum reflector. If cost
isn't a concern for you, some fish / pet supply catalogs (and no doubt web sites)
sell HID fixtures for plants and corals. I'm sure if you check a few plant supply
sites, many would deal in these types of supplies also, and recommend lamp types
appropriate to your task. It sounds like you're only talking about one plant, so I
assume you wouldn't want to get into anything too extravagant.

-E.-