[CH] Re: Chocolate Habs

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 19:11:57 -0400

I would be glad to send you some free, the seeds so far look immature.
email me your Address off the list and I'll dry some for you - send them
off.  I got mine from Incredible Hot Peppers as plants!  I suggest you
do the same as mine may not reproduce true.. having alot of other habs
around.

For the rest of you folks.... yeowie!!!  those are the hottest things
I've ever tasted!  Picked my first one today and bit right into it
expecting about the same heat as the habs... don't think so!
Flavor! Flavor! Flavor!.. oh yeah.. great stuff... then the second
bite... crunch crunch crunch on the other side of the mouth...mmmm
flavor of habs so intense.. great smell.. oh yeah... then the heat
started! poof!
The burn was intense for about 15 minutes.. the first 5 minutes can only
be described as numbing.. kind of prickley.. then the real heat sets
in..
My other half in life eats habs from the bush but she has never had heat
like this either!

Chocolate Brown in color outside, beautiful contrast brown to white
veins inside.. now about 2 hours and there is still a nice warm glow in
the tummy.  Gotta get more for next year!

So why the killer heat? Becides whatever I save to eat up, we have an
Apple Harvest Fest. in town and our firemen sell tacos. Well there are
crazys like us that want it HOT.. I mean if you are a fireMAN you gotta
like it hot (in most cases).  So last year I supplied them with
habs..they added it for free.  This year we are gonna charge an extra
$.25 for the burn.  Should raise a bit more $$$, as last year they went
through quite a bit and made nothing on them.  Word of mouth sales did
wonders.  Whatever we an do to help our volunteers.  Stop on by the
first week in Oct. and enjoy!
"For an extra token we'll make it smoke'n"!
Not responsible for personal injury, or spontaneous combustion.
Chet