Re: [CH] antidotes?

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 06:07:32 -0400

Jim
Ice cream or ice SCREAM (now I know where they got that adage) and
saltines work for me - no with Chocolate habs GEEEZ those things were
hot!

Tomatoes make it worse

Chet
PS  Jim, you might try growing chocolate habs next year and selling it
as "Mild To Wild Hot Chocolate Sauce" - a sure hit for all of us sick
for heat.

Jim Campbell wrote:

> The best antidote is to read the label :-)  As the supposed 'first' US
> firefighter is credited with saying 'an ounce of prevention...'.
> Failing that, ice cream works wonders and has the added benefit of being
> cold, which feels better.  Water does not make it worse, it just doesn't
> help.  I have people swear by bananas, sugar, limes, milk, and yogurt.
> At this years state fair, I heard a new one too- several people swore by
> salt.
>
> About the only true antidote is 20 minutes of time ;-)
>
> -Jim C
> MWPH
>
> Just got transferred (as of today) from the slowest firehouse to the
> busiest.  Anybody else want to take a shot at making my life more
> complicated during harvest? ;-P

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *