Re: [CH] Looking for chile-head okra recipes

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:49:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Doug Irvine wrote:

> Go to http://SOAR.Berkeley.edu/recipes/
> There are a bunch of okra recipes, which you can add as many chiles to
> as you desire...also I found out that "gumbo" is an African word meaning
> Okra! Cheers, Doug in BC

I've looked at a lot of recipes in that archive, and some of them are
very simple.  That isn't to say that they aren't good, but there is no
requirements on the recipes you'll find there, they are not tested by
anyone before they are added to the archive, so you may find a good one
or you may not.

Of course, if you're a good cook, any recipe is just a staring point. :-)

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas