Re: [CH] Make-shift poppers

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 14:22:59 -0400

At 01:31 PM 9/10/99 -0500, Linda Reynolds wrote:
>Also, I had Jalepenos and really wanted poppers.  I didn't have bacon to do
>the wrapped ones that I have done in the past (and are one of my fav
>recipes).  So....I did the breaded ones using crushed potato chips!  I par
>boiled the deseeded chiles, drained, then stuffed with cream cheese and
>cheddar, then wet them a bit, shook in flour, dip in egg, roll in chips,
>then bake.  They turned out great and didn't have all the breading falling
>off like when I deep fry.  Really good.

A local Mexican restaurant has a good variation on the popper recipe, it
follows the standard recipe but uses only half the cheese filling.  They
finish it off by stuffing a whole, peeled medium shrimp into the jalepeno,
then batter and fry or bake.  You use the shrimp tail as a little "popper
handle."

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @