Re: [CH] Look out!

Tony Flynn (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 17:39:07 +1200

Doug Irvine wrote:

!Also, bought an ornamental at a store the other day, it
> is loaded with peppers, purple turning red and then more deep red, about
> 1 1/2 inches in length, and growing straight up, quite fat little
> beggars...any ideas? Have not tasted one yet, but that is next! Cheers,
> Doug in BC

Hi Doug,

This sounds very much like the Black Namagualand that I wrote about
recently.

Seems that it originated in South Africa. Pretty hardy as have survived
the mild winter being sheltered by a tangerine tree from any of the
almost light frost here this winter. They have been very easy to raise
from seed also.

Tony Flynn