[CH] Anyone Know About

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 13:22:26 -0400

At 12:21 PM 9/13/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Chilie Fest at the New York Botanical Gardens in Brooklyn
>I would love to know...
>Thanks!

I attended last year and have to admit being somewhat underwhelmed at the
event.  There were a couple tables featuring chiles and plants, a few
cooking presentations (The guy doing the Indian cooking show said he was
going to try something different and feature only non-spicy recipes <?!?>)

There was one smallish tent that featured only a couple food vendors and a
few chile related crafts as well as Botanic Garden stuff (Tee shirts,
booklets, etc...)

We actually had a better time touring the grounds and arboretums than the
Chile Fest stuff.  It rained lightly during the afternoon which kept the
crowds down, and we really enjoyed the Japanese Garden.  There is an image
of it that I'm currently using as wallpaper at:

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens/japgarden1.jpg

Beware that at 1024 by 768 it is a large file.  Notice the raindrops on the
water surface...

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @