Re: [CH] Black Seeds

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 19:10:35 -0400

The only time I see seeds turn black that are not suppose to be so is
when they are left on the plant too long or too long in the house before
setting aside.  I cut them open upon bringing them inside if I am gonna
process them.  It lets out the moisture trapped inside and prevents
bacteria growth, which to my way of thinking and seeing is the cause for
black seed mentioned above.

Cameron's Rot's are in full blossom, hope they set fruit, they are
coming inside anyways when frost season comes around.

I made a batch of hot nuts pecans, forgot to mention to sprinkle a
couple of pinches of salt into the honey mixture.  My students love to
moch off me, they now have a new meaning to hot nuts.

Got a new pepper ripening, no idea what it is.. so will put it in the
garden pic's when ripe.  Looks like a hab but orange/red not the
yellow/orange Iam used to seeing.  Seeds from USD say they are from
Peru, they look hot never mind if they are!

The first weekend in October, Apple Harvest in Southington, remember to
ask for the Extra hot Taco from the Fire Department Booth (usually two
or three up from the street supporting the fritters).. sample the
Chocolate Habs

Chet
Chet

T wrote:

> I've got a couple dozen Rocotos, red, yellow and orange, among nearly three
> hundred plants, and have never seen black seeds (other than obviously
> immature and stunted seeds) in fruit other than on the Rocotos.
>
> And none of my Rocotos can be mistaken for a Jalapeno.
>
> Tom
>
> P.S.  It'll be interesting to see what crosses I may get between them.

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *