Re: [CH] Rotel in Connecticut

Dave Drum (xrated@cityscape.net)
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:24:32 -0500

GarryMass@aol.com wrote:

> << Ocean State Job Lot on
>  Queen Street (Rt. 10) in Southington has 'em for 2 cans for
>  a buck while they last. (I bought a case) They also had
>  Cholula Sauce for 1.69 and BIG bottles of Bufalo Jalapeno >>

> Ocean State is the onlyest place I've ever found 'em, in West Springfield, Ma
> and on the Cape.  After all the praise for Rotels on this list, I hadda have
> 'em.  They are excellent as is the Bufalo Jalapeno, etc.

I dunno if they are available outside the midwest but Red Gold (brand)
diced tomatoes with chilies is every bit as good as Ro-Tel with a
couple advantages. First is - it's a bigger can (16 oz against 10 oz).
Second is same price for the 16 oz as Ro-Tel's 10 oz. Oh, yeah - Red
Gold is easier to find around here (Great American Outback) than
Ro-Tel. I sometimes find them on sale at 45c/can and stock up. Red
Gold is from Minnesota and is a closely held family corporation....
which means that I got no piece of the action. Just another satisfied
customer.

ENJOY!!!
--
Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchens
Home of Yaaaah Hoooo Aaahhh HOT Sauce & Hardin Cider