Re: [CH] Chiles in State Fair

Renee Watson (rlwat@uswest.net)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:57:58 -0500

carlos m navarro wrote:

> I'm curious how many persons in this listserve have an opportunity to
> enter chiles in their respective state fairs.   (In most states, the fair
> is away from the larger and even medium-sized cities.  In New Mexico, the
> fair is here in Albuquerque).

The Minnesota State Fair is held in St. Paul just about two from the
Minneapolis city limits. I've never considered growing for show but it is fun
when you walk around the displays of amazing fruits & veg. Next year I'm
hoping that planning have a place to grow a chili assortment and some other
veggies. If successful I think I'll try submitting something for the fair
judging. green56 mentioned that a matched set of six peppers is required...
now that will be a challenge.

Renee