[CH] (Fwd) Re: Vegetables in honey

Kristofer Blennow (kristofer@blennow.se)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 08:58:21 +0200

The distinguished Mr Randy spoked thus:

> To be somewhat on topic, did the list ever reach a consensus on
> whether or not it was safe to store Habs in honey?

And the honored Dr Snyder from FoodSafe mailing list referred to the
National Honey Board, concluding the following:

Date sent:      	Thu, 16 Sep 1999 01:11:25 -0500
From:           	Pete Snyder <osnyder@hi-tm.com>
Send reply to:  	osnyder@hi-tm.com
To:             	kristofer@blennow.se
Copies to:      	foodsafe@nal.usda.gov
Subject:        	Re: Vegetables in honey

Kristofer,

According to the honey board

http://www.nhb.org/foodtech/physical.html#Activity

the water activity of honey is between 0.5 and 0.6.
Waht you are doing is absolutely safe.

Pete Snyder
-------