Re: [CH] sigs

Tony Flynn (tony@nzol.net.nz)
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 08:34:32 +1200

"Rex E. Overmyer" wrote:

> Marc Norman wrote:
>
> > as a digest reader I'll second suggestions to cut down on the sigs.
>>

> Marc I can understand how you might find long, cutesy, sigs a pain.  However, a
> signature that is short, but gives information that can help the reader
> understand who the writer is, and where he is coming from can be helpful.

Hi All

Being only an old(er)member who has nothing to do all day but tend his
garden, grow chilies and catch fish and is. To quote Bill Clinton last
week "Lucky to live in this enchanted land" Boy did he please the
locals:-)
I like to see sig lines on mail. If I feel the  need to give a little
information to the recipitants I use the:
 "Grandad. Retired at the beach. Bay of Plenty. New Zealand" line.

Not having the literacy skills or imagination of some of our younger
members. It serves to tell a little about the writer. Which I find adds
to the note by telling me where and who the writer is.
I leave the nonsense of one Roy to the the pens of Luke, Doug and Rael
and hope that his egotistcal attention seeking tranfers elsewhere soon.

On topic spring sunshine and showers, the grass is growing like mad.
My "Rocoto in a pot" is 5' tall and has been expelled from the house to
the leanto. After a very mild winter a couple of Black Nagamanulands
that I left in the garden have survived and started to grow as has a Red
Habenero. It is a temptation to plant out some seedlings, but being a
coward when it comes to my tender plants. I will give it another couple
of weeks until mid October.

Tony Flynn.
Who has made lots of friends and learned heaps from this list.