Re: [CH] There you go again I was right. (with CH on-topic stuff)

Chet Bacon (chet@chetbacon.com)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:35:58 -0400

Xnipec Salsa - Joel Ehrlich
http://neptune.netimages.com/~chile/recipes.html

Yields 8 Servings

     1           Purple (Red) Onion,        1 tsp       Garlic Salt
                 Cut Into 1/8" Dice         2           Anaheim Chiles,
Cored
     4           Limes                                  Seeded, Peeled &
Diced
     3           Habanero Chiles, Cored   1/2           Red Bell Pepper,
Cored
                 Seeded & Minced                        Seeded, Peeled &
Diced
   1/4 Cup       Cilantro, Chopped          2           Tomatoes, Diced
     1 tsp       Cumin, Ground

Pierce the limes.
Place in a microwave safe bowl.
Warm them in the microwave.
Squeeze the juice into a non-metallic bowl.
Add the onions, Habanero chiles, cilantro, cumin and garlic salt.
Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
Add the Anaheim chiles, red bell pepper and tomatoes.
Blend thoroughly.

tucker wrote:

>   Sorry, newbie here. Been lurking for a little while, but I guess not quite
> long enough to know what the hel* this is.  (???)
>
> Erich
>
> PS- Phonetic pronunciation would be appreciated as well. Thanks.
>
> T wrote:
>
> > I made up a batch of Xnipec to bring to a grill-party ...
> > Tom

* Chet Bacon   KA1ILH     |           Okay, who put a             *
* PO Box 284              |         "stop payment" on my          *
* Southington, CT 06489   |             reality check?            *
* E-Mail:                 | Homepage:                             *
* chet@chetbacon.com      | http://www.chetbacon.com              *
* cbacon@connix.com(work) | http://www.connix.com/~cbacon (work)  *
* Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco Viva Bultaco*
* Adopt a Doberman     Help end puppy mills!      www.dru.org     *