Re: [CH] hybrid in hiding

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 15:24:45 -0500

Suz-
I keep a small tract (6' X 10') just for open hybrids.  I pick the pods I like
best each year and scatter seeds in the small plot, just to see what comes up.
It has been a lot of fun, and supplied me with some of my favorite peppers.
F1's will not be the same,  but you never know what you'll get. Right now I am
working on starting some from clippings from my favorites to add to last year's
favorites.  The genetic variation is nothing short of miraculous.