Re: [CH] The List and Pineapple Habanero Chutney

Akiva Kotler (akiva@barak-online.net)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 20:09:13 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: R.Solarion - Apollonius.Net <damis@apollonius.net>
To: <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 2:02 AM
Subject: [CH] The List

> Being a digest subscriber, I don't read the posts in "real time," which
> makes a silly "flame war" seem very trivial.  > *****

My 19 year old son enjoys reading the E-Mails that I receive from the list.
It is fair to say that he likes the list better than peppers.  He refers to
my Habs as"hard stuff."  I have found the list to be an informative and
basically friendly place.  Sometimes one may digress from chile speak, but
it is kind of crazy to make a crusade out of publicizing oneself.  It is
also not nice to personally attack someone, and then feign hurt feelings
from their reaction.

Here is something that is easy and tasty.  It is good with chicken or fish.

Pineapple Habanero Chutney:
1. one can of pineapple pieces in juice
2. two Habaneros seeded
3. some shredded coconut
4. sugar to taste

Blend all the ingredients together and sore in the refrigerator.

I came of with this on the spur of the moment three years ago.  I do not
like making elaborate chile concoctions because most of my family won't eat
them.  You can increase or decrease the heat to your hearts content.  You
can also add some mango.

Akiva
Ashdod Israel