Re: [CH] Errata: Cream of Jalapeno Soup

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:32:09 -0500

Deb deForest wrote:

> Well, here's where not posting recipes unless you've made
> them comes to play.  Who is it that I need to say "You told
> me so" to?  Green tried the Cream of Jalapeno soup recipe as
> it was posted and said that the cream proportion seemed way
> too high compared to the other ingredients.

>Green said making it with a quart and leaving the other ingredients at >the same amounts as originally posted --except for more chiles, of >course-- is the way to go.  Mea culpa, Deb in Houston

Hay, my DEAR 'Heads!  Have missed you guys soooooo much!!!  Back after 4
days of US West and their ef'ing MONOPOLY and CRAPPY phone lines and NO
PHONE!!!  Y2K ain't gonna bother me - I'm living through it NOW!

Deb, don't be sorry, silly!  You did your best and all was posted in
good faith!  Cream happens...

I did make the Cream of Jalapeno Soup.  Cut all ingredients in half and
was WAY disappointed.  Very bland, and ishy.  Like NO flavor, but for
cream.  And I, like Deb, once a week find myself saying, "Hi.  My name's
green, and I'm a creamaholic..."  That's where we met...  <g>  LOL!!!

I simply told Deb that next time I was going to keep the cream halved to
two pints, and NOT cut in half all the udder ingredients.  Yust my
personal opinion, but I think THEN, things should be as rite as rain and
be just YUMMY.

Oh, and think I'll add some chipolte (Deb's idea and one I HEARTILY
concur with...  Chiles in adobo mite even be good - I've made The 'Heads
"Chipolte In Cream Sauce" a dozen times and can't get enuff of it!!!),
too...

I've promised to let her know...

Gods, I've missed you guys!!!!!

green