Re: [CH] Breakfast

Charles Demas (demas@sunspot.tiac.net)
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 13:30:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Nutting, Stacey wrote:

> I'm sitting here at work eating a raisin bagel with tons of cream cheese
> with smoked hab powder sprinkled on top.  Wow, is this ever good!

The local BBQ place had an apple chipotle chutney, and it too was good
on a bagle topped with cream cheese.  They'd sell containers of it to
customers.  I suppose you could just add some hot sauce or powder to
some apple sauce.

BTW, the easiest way to make applesauce is in the microwave, peal and
cut up the apples, put in a microwaves safe container covered with plastic
wrap and vented, nuke, smush apples to desired texture, and add sugar and
cinammon to taste.

This is better than cooking them on the stove, because the stove method
tends to scorch apple on the inside bottom of the pot.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas